Governor at Leeds Beckett University
£ non remunerated
From September 2017
Leeds Beckett University aims to be an excellent, accessible, globally engaged university contributing positively to a thriving Northern economy. Within this context, our Board of Governors will help to set, monitor and shape our University’s strategic direction.
In particular, you’ll
· Ensure the sustainable delivery of our core strategic objectives.
· Maintain the highest standards of governance and a culture of transparency and accountability.
· Attend and participate in Board and Committee meetings and activities, which total 15-20 days a year.
· Senior level executive experience gained in the private, public, or not-for-profit sectors or within finance, health or law or education.
· The ability to work effectively in an environment that is driven by public policy.
· An affinity with the values of higher education, empathy with the vision and values of our University, and a commitment to widening access and equality of opportunity.
If you would like to join the Board of one of the largest universities in the UK, please request a candidate information pack by writing to Jenny Share, Secretary & Registrar, Leeds Beckett University, Old Broadcasting House, City Campus, Leeds, LS2 9EN, or email your request to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 5pm on Friday 26 May 2017.
Interview date: Monday 26 June 2017.
We aspire to ensure that our Board is fully representative of the diverse community that makes up our university. Applications from women, and from black and minority ethnic candidates would be particularly welcome as members of these groups are currently under-represented amongst our independent governor membership. All appointments will be based on merit.